Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Where in the world am I?

Not many people know where Kyrgyzstan is located.  It is pretty much on the opposite side of the Earth from the U.S.  I am 14 hours ahead of the West Coast, 12 hours ahead of Central time.

It is a mountainous country that is situated on the old Silk Road.  During the time of Marco Polo it was a very busy place as it was on a central trade route between the West and China.

Currently, if you look at the map below, I am in Bishkek the capital.  During the summer I will be moving up to the town of Naryn, at about 7000 feet in the mountains.  More about what I will be doing later.  Yesterday, it was 56 degrees, unusually warm for early February.  But today it was snowing and just below freezing, so life is back to normal in Kyrgyzstan.


No comments:

Post a Comment