Saturday, February 13, 2016

Hey, Vladimir, quit photobombing my selfie!



A few of you have requested I post a selfie.  So, here it is, with Vladimir Lenin of all people.  After the fall of the Soviet Union, they moved Mr. Lenin out of the main square and placed him in the off-the-beaten path, little park behind the Historical Museum: I guess that's why he's unhappy and resorts to photobombing Americans.  Being the autocrat that he is, he does better when he's the center of attention, posing for me below.



A new statue has taken Lenin's place in what used to be known as Lenin Square and is now known as Ala-Too Square.  The new statue is of Manas the ancient, semi-mythical leader of the Kyrgyz tribes who fought off the Mongol invaders.  He, too, appears to be a fairly imposing figure whom I suspect would also be capable of photobombing selfies, if provoked.



2 comments:

  1. Ala-Too Square was featured on an episode of The Amazing g Race. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen that show in a long time. Didn't know that. Hope you are well and I hope your upcoming travels are great.

    ReplyDelete