Sunday, October 28, 2018

Go Little Vote, Go!!!

Today I picked up my ballot for the upcoming midterm election at the Central Administration Office. My mother was kind enough to send it to me via DHL and it traveled from Spokane to Seattle to Cincinnati, Ohio, to Leipzig, Germany to the DHL sorting center located "North of Moscow, Russia," ironically enough, then to the Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan DHL Center, to the Central Office, where it came into my possession.

As you can see, I cast my ballot for Democrat Lisa Brown for the U.S. House of Representatives against the Republican Trump Enabler who voted in agreement with Trump's positions over 97% of the time the past two years. Unfortunately, my home 5th District is very Republican, but Brown has an outside chance (about 20%) of winning. If enough Democrats win House races across the U.S. on November 6, the Democrats will take control and will be able to stop some of Trump's terrible policies. And they will be able to investigate some of the horrible corruption that Trump and his minions have been engaging in.

This election is potentially the most important one in my lifetime. If the Democrats cannot take back the House, then Trump will remain unchecked and will be able to engage in even worse actions during the next two years. Everyone out there who is able to, be sure to vote as if your life depends on it, because it actually might.

Even though sending DHL packages back and forth across the planet is horribly expensive, the price is worth it, because the cost of not casting a vote is far, far greater. So, fly back to the polling station, precious little vote and may you be one more tiny voice of dissent against the anti-democratic forces currently in power and my wish is that you will serve as one small drop in a massive blue wave that I hope will be the first step in helping to wash injustice and intolerance out of the mainstream of our political landscape and back into the murky depths from which they have emerged.




No comments:

Post a Comment