Tuesday, October 10, 2017

What October 5th looks like in Kyrgyzstan

It looks like snow. It was sticking on the ground at our Naryn campus when I left for Bishkek today. Let's hope that this day will not be the last day I will see the green of the campus lawn until April.

On Dolon Pass (elevation 3050 meters) October 5th really looked like snow. And it will, most likely, until the 5th of May, that I am reasonably assured of.

As I traveled, October 5th looked like a traffic jam along the road to Bishkek as we wound toward Kochkor. This traffic jam consisted of endless herds of livestock heading for lower pasture land. It wouldn't surprise me if we had to evade 5000 sheep in the middle of the road, not to mention assorted cows, goats, horses and donkeys along the way.

If you were in some other land today, I bet October 5th where you are didn't look at all like this.

Campus Snow

Near Dolon Pass

Kyrgyz Traffic Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment