Monday, September 12, 2016

Campus views

The students have completed their first week of classes and we are slowly beginning to settle into a campus routine; and I begin to experience the views that make up my daily life. The two-dimensional blueprints, which used to form the only internal map of campus from which I could construct vague perceptions, have now taken shape as the tangible location where I live and work. What was once an imaginary landscape--a place of dreams and hopes and wishes--has become a real part of my personal geography and its distinctive form, shape, and personality are now concrete elements of my existence. 

A view from my office window

A view of my living room

A view into my office

A view of the faculty terrace with the Red Mountains beyond

A view of the central courtyard

A view of students playing soccer in the inflatable sports bubble

No comments:

Post a Comment